Thursday 21 January 2016

Shining Light-Bulb



Hi there, happy Thursday! It's Lydia and I'm sharing with you a card with one of the newer brands in the store Concord & 9th.

I really love the funky and fresh feel of the Concord & 9th sets and 'Shine Brighter' immediately caught my eye. I have just used the main light-bulb and a sentiment to create my card..


I started by stamping the light-bulb in really light ink onto some watercolour card so I would then have a guide to do my inking. I took a yellow ink and blending tool and added it to the light-bulb and went out in a circle. I then took some dark blue ink and went from the edges to the edge of the yellow blending - I didn't want these two colours to blend much as I would have ended up with a green.

I then covered up the yellow blending and flicked on some silver mica powder mixed with water to give a star-like effect.

To give more of a 'glow' I added some white ink into the middle of the light-bulb and blended out a little but not quite as far as the yellow.


I then stamped the light-bulb again in a darker ink, stamped in the metal piece of the bulb and sting and coloured these with coloured pencils. I added the sentiment into the bulb and covered the bulb in glossy accents to give a glassy look.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you like my card!

Hugs Lydia x





1 comment:

  1. A really 'bright' and fun idea. The glossy accents finishes it off beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team