Thursday 12 May 2016

Fabulous Floral Frame



Hi there everyone! Lydia here with you today and I'm so glad you popped by.

Today I have a card using the new Altenew 'Best Mom' and I wanted to show that this one isn't just for Mother's Day, it can be used all year round. Not only does it have the most beautiful sprig of flowers but this set also has the word 'Mum' on it! Yay!


How beautiful are those flowers?!?! And I only used part of the sprig for this!

I started by drawing a circle in light pencil in the middle of my card layer- this is just for a guide and will be erased after stamping. I then inked up my stamp using a light grey ink, but I didn't ink up the bottom large flower or the leaves and stem below it.



Once inked up I stamped the image on the left side of the guide circle, inked up the stamp in the same way again and then stamped on the other side of the guide circle to create a kind of frame shape. I then erased the pencil guide.

I coloured the image quickly with Copics, just to get the flowers and leaves covered before then adding more depth and detail with coloured pencils. I just love how those flowers look.



The sentiment is from the same set , and there are also some quite funny one's on there too.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope I've given you a couple of ideas on how to use this set past Mother's Day!

Hugs Lydia x





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and just love the colours.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and I love the colour scheme too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is simply incredible and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colours for those gorgeous flowers! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team