Saturday 14 May 2016

Jewelled Flowers

Hi! Julia kindly swapped with me- so I'm afraid you've got me today!
I thought I'd have a go at creating something really rather dimensional- a flower vase of a different sort!

The card started out as the gorgeous 3D diamond shape from Waffleflower
Now this does need a little fiddling with- best advice- use some lightweight card and check out this video that helps with assembling. Don't do as I did and use a 250gsm weight card for my first attempt- you'll not love the process!
It is however absolutely gorgeous once assembled- and once you've done it once (ha!), you'll find the next one much simpler. It's like any new skill- you need a little practice to begin with!

You can see the dimension on this photo- if you die-cut two out and stick them together, you'll have a complete jewel and they'd be so cool hung off a tree at Christmas or a trendy gift tag for a present.
 To make the whole card, I used another Waffleflower set; Loved 
Just cut out the flowers after you've stamped with ink and then added detailing with Prismacolors and a gel pen.
Yes, I know. That's not going to fit a standard envelope anytime soon. If you're sending a gift through the post, then this could fit in easily and indeed, no problems if you're hand delivering it. Isn't going the extra mile sometimes what is required?!!

 Well, I hope the lovely blooms have inspired to you to go and stamp some of your own. Enjoy your weekend and see you on Tuesday as normal (or maybe not normal, as the case with me usually is ;-) )

Keren xx

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team