Saturday 15 October 2016

A Square Peony

Hello crafty friends! I am back with another card featuring the beautiful Peony Bouquet stamp set by Altenew. I had already used it here in the past and kept it light and simple. Today, I wanted to go the other way and add loads of color and contrast.


I had a leftover piece from another project – a scalloped circle from the My Favorite Things Scallop Circle set. I stamped the Peony on that circle using three different inks. I think the trick here is to use one color twice. I opted to use the Altenew red as my darkest color, so I used it for both the outline as well as the deepest shadows.


Since the contrast wasn't as high as I wanted it to be, I grabbed my Copic Multiliner and added a few black strokes into the deepest shadows. You don't have to do that, but I really wanted the contrast to pop.


Lastly, I added a few sequins for additional sparkle, but kept my little square card very clean and simple otherwise. Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired!

2 comments:

  1. I love this - such a fab combination of elegance and edginess with the pretty scalloped circle/floral stamp and grungey sentiment/dark background. It works so well, really eye catching. Awesome card Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I love that pop of colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team