Tuesday 13 December 2016

Blue Ombre Birthday

I have a fun and easy birthday card to share with you today. Can anyone tell I'm over making Christmas cards?


I started by blending a blue ombré background on watercolour card with distress inks. I flicked it with lots of water to add some distressed details.

Next, I ran the it twice through my die machine with the MFT Stitched Strip Die-namics to cover the card. I love this die-namic - it's perfect for adding detail to a background. 

I attached the background to a top folding A6 card, then moved on to the sentiment. I wanted a big bold sentiment on this card, so decided the Neat & Tangled Celebrate stamp set and coordinating dies would be perfect.

I die cut the 'Celebrate' from blue glitter paper. To help it stand out against the blue background, I added a white die cut shadow behind it. I then heat embossed a greeting in white on black card, and cut down to fit on the card.

To finish, I added some glitter stars, die cut using the smaller dies from the MFT Stitched Strip die-namics set.

This card is easy to make in your favourite colours, and the Neat & Tangled Celebrate stamp set has lots of sentiment options for different occasions.

Have a lovely day,
Gemma

Neat & Tangled Celebrate
Neat & Tangled Celebrate
MFT Stitched Strip Die-namics
Hero Arts White Embossing Powder





8 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team