Wednesday 28 December 2016

Our Favourite Dies of 2016


We're back for another in our series of our favourite things, and today we are looking at our favourite dies from this year's releases.   Again, we could pick no more than 3 which is almost impossible!  Did we miss your favourite?  Do tell!

Esther

I try to buy dies that are versatile and can be used with lots of different designs. (I do have a weakness for matching stamp and die sets though, as I hate fussy cutting!) My top general dies three at the moment are firstly My Favorite Things Blueprints 29 Dienamics which has so many pieces you can use on almost any card. It's incredible value for money! Next up is My Favorite Things Essential Cover Up Vertical Dienamic. Again, this can be used for layered or shaker cards, and pretty much any occasion whether birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, etc. Finally, a great birthday die for quick but impactful birthday cards is My Favorite Things Happy Birthday to You Dienamics. Make it a shaker, layer patterned paper underneath, watercolour around or behind it, add an embellishment... it can be dressed up in so many ways!

https://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk/brands/my-favorite-things/blueprints-29-dienamics.htmlhttps://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk/brands/my-favorite-things/essential-cover-up-vertical-dienamic.html
https://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk/brands/my-favorite-things/happy-birthday-to-you-dienamics.html
   


Gemma

As well as standalone tags, the MFT Stitched Traditional Tags die-namics can be used on cards as a sentiment tag or a main focal point. 
Cover dies are a favourite of mine for adding pretty detail to a card. They are ideal for clean and simple designs. I love the Lil'Inker Designs Quilted Swirl Stitch Pattern die.
The MFT Stitched Triple Peek-a-boo Window die-namic is perfect for little critters to peek out from on a card. Add printed papers or inked backgrounds behind the windows to coordinate with your colouring.



Jill

I held off buying the Cross Stitched Rectangles  from Lawn Fawn as I wasn't sure I really needed them...I was wrong, I did, and I now find it hard to make a card without using them! They create the perfect mat with that little added detail, creating the perfect finish.  MFT Scribble Roses Overlay are just divine, so pretty and delicate, I love using them as a subtle detail to my background.  Then we have this Celebrate sentiment die from Sugar Pea Designs, Oh my...that font though..., it is just truly gorgeous and perfect for so many occasions.  An absolute staple in my stash!

Small Stitched Rectangle Lawn Cuts Image 1 Scribble Roses Overlay Die-namic Image 1  Celebrate Sugar Cut


Jenny
I don't tend to use lots of dies but three sets that stand out for me this year are the Woodland Basics dies from Wplus9 (you knew I'd say that!) Avery Elle's Card Easel dies... very useful for helping your cards stand up, and MFT's Peek-a-Boo Wonky Windows which are a fun shape for windows on your card front.
  
   


Lydia
I don't really seen to use dies all that often, my go-to dies are often coordinating ones that go with stamp sets. Although I do have a few favourite generic die sets that I go to again and again....
Concord & 9th Beautiful You Dies
Lil Inker Stitched Circle Mats
Altenew Bold Alphabet Die Set


Tara

I think I probably have more die sets than stamp sets, I do love die cutting!  Picking my favourites from this year has been almost impossible but I've just about managed it.
Firstly I picked the Tree die from Avery Elle as I love the versatility of it and know I will be using it frequently as you can make any tree you like with it.

https://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk/brands/avery-elle/tree-elle-ments.html

I also love the texture that a background die can provide and I had several favourites of those this year, but pushed myself to pick one, so settled on the Quilted Stitched Spirals from Lil' Inker Designs.

https://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk/brands/lil-inker-designs/quilted-stitched-spirals-die.html

Finally I opted for a paired die set (yes a little bit of a cheat!) but it's such a fun set and brilliant for awkward teenage cards.  Pixelated Circles and Pixelated Faces dies from Neat and Tangled.




 Tomorrow we will be back again with our single "we can't  live without product" which I am sure will provide interesting results!




1 comment:

  1. fab choices, I can't decide whhich is my favourite...there's too many x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team