Thursday 26 January 2017

A Floral Birthday (if your name is January!)

Hello there! I've popped back for a quick visit whilst Lydia is having her brief break.
It's lovely to be back with you all, and today I wanted to combine two Concord & 9th sets to create a bloom filled birthday greeting.
First up, the newer 'All Year Long' set
Don't dismiss this set as one for planner people or just Birthdays; there are some lovely flowers that are incredibly versatile. Granted , this card might only be suitable for people called January ;-) but the sentiments are perfect for lots of occasions and the contrast in fonts is really beautiful.
I decided to pair it with another set; Flourish



To add colour to the flowers and leaves I used some of the Hero Arts Ombre inks

 I've secured most of the fussy cut stems to the reverse of the die cut circle although I did have to use a little extra acetate 'scaffolding' in a curved shape. Granted it may not fit in a standard envelope but with the dreary January days, we all need a riot of colour, right?!
Thanks for joining me today, hope you enjoyed seeing how gloriously these two sets combine!

Keren xx

5 comments:

  1. I knew this was a Keren card straightaway! It's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a bright and cheerful card! I was one of those guilty of dismissing the all year round stamps as I don't do a planner, but now I've changed my mind - even though I don't know anyone called January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and so creative! What a brilliant design <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work always makes my jaw drop, Keren! Absolutely gorgeous & so festive for a BD! I have trouble using the Flourish set, but you made magic with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, a Keren design classic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team