Friday 6 January 2017

Stretch your stencils and say what you want!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I'm starting the year with a nice, bright and cheerful card to add a little light to these dark winter days (they don't half mess with my crafting time!)...


...using Echo Park's Hearts Stencils and Lawn Fawn's Quinn's abc's (lower case).


I LOVE this Heart's Stencil, and use it A LOT, so decided to stretch it's use and use the reverse side of it.  I spread and smudged my ink all over my actual stencil, spritzed it with water, and pressed my card onto it to pick up the print; an old but brilliant technique that means you get two designs for the price of one on all of your stencils!  Once dry, I took my Quinn's lower case abc's from Lawn Fawn, and cut my sentiment from the front, taking care to keep all the fiddly bits from inside the letters so I could add them back in.


I inked up another piece of card to use as my background, and adhered a piece of vellum behind my cut-out letters to mute the effect.  I inked another piece of card to match my background, and cut these gorgeous little sprigs using Reverse Confetti's Layered Laurel's Confetti Cuts to draw your eye in.  I added a wrap of twine and a little heart, cut using Paper Smooches Tiny Hearts and embossed in Silver Sparkle powder, to finish off my design.


I mounted my piece onto a card blank, and there you have it.



I really hope you like it, and I can't wait to see what amazing creations you all come up with in 2017!  As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Hearts Stencil  Quinn's ABC's Dies (lower case) Image 1

Layered Laurels Confetti Cuts  Tiny Hearts Dies

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Jill! I'd almost forgotten about the reverse stencil technique - great reminder! Really love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love that stencil idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous stencil technique and gorgeous card! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team