Sunday 5 February 2017

Big Hugs

I've got a couple of cards to share today using one of the brand new sets from Winnie and Walter which is just beyond cute!   The set is called Big Hugs but it can be used for lots more than just hugs cards.

Firstly, we have a family birthday this weekend so I used it to make the perfect card for a 2 year old and it was easy to put together with the new alphabet and numbers set also from Winnie and Walter which is perfect for statement sentiments where bold letters is the key.


I simply stamped the ellies onto copic colouring card and coloured them in two different ranges of grey (neutral and toner) and the stamped the words and numbers so they were standing on the word and juggling the number between them.  Super quick and cute for any ages.   I used MFT's stitched basic edges dies to add a little interest to the panel and popped into the card with a couple of scraps of paper.

For the second card I selected another elephant (I do love an ellie) but this one with the monkey is just adorable and this time I did want a card to send to someone we're thinking of them.


This time I coloured them with polychromos pencils and fussy cut them out (dies are available but currently they are only available direct from Winnie and Walter)  I then created a soft background on my card base using MFT inks which I find work brilliantly for ink blending techniques.  I used Blue Yonder and Blu Raspberry and blended over a post-it note to keep the bottom clean white.  A fun scrap of paper to sit them on and a sentiment from the same set to finish makes for a really easy card.



NEWS FROM THE STORE
  • Winnie and Walter's new release is now live in store along with the Christmas release that we missed in December.
  • MFT will be in store as usual on Wednesday morning.
  • Avery Elle's major release is available on Thursday and we have ours so will be live when they are.  There are some fabulous products in the range this time and they will be sharing projects with them on their blog from tomorrow.
  • Wplus9 are not having a release this month - it has been pushed back to March as they are getting a large restock delivery this month so hopefully we will be able to grab the items that have been out of stock for a while instead.
  • We are still waiting for Altenew, Neat & Tangled and Lil' Inker Designs to ship.

3 comments:

  1. These are simply adorable Tara! What a cute set, and obviously very versatile in what it can be used for... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute and so adorable, the prettiest of stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet cards. Happy to see the new products from Winnie & Walter have come in. I created a card using stamps from the previous release that fitted the colour scheme of the new challenge. But I wasn't sure if I could link it up since I couldn't find the stamps in the shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team