Wednesday 22 February 2017

Watercolour birthday card using My Favorite Things and Zig pens


Hi everyone, it's Esther here with a bright watercoloured birthday card using My Favorite Things and Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens.



I started by cutting a panel from some watercolour card and using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens and a paint brush to add splodges of colour in yellow, green, blue and pink. When this was dry, I splattered over it with black ink. 

I then used My Favorite Things Happy Birthday to You Dienamics to die cut the sentiment from the panel and again from black card stock. I pieced these together as I wanted the lettering to be the same height as the panel and not recessed.

The panel was mounted to a slightly longer layer of black card stock and then onto a card base. 

Finally, I stamped, coloured with Zigs and die cut with the matching dies the balloon cluster from My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday and popped it onto the top right side of the card.



It's a simple card to make but I love how bright and cheerful it feels.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!


      

2 comments:

  1. It is a very merry Card :D I like the mix of black and the bright colours ( hope you understand what I mean) xxx Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team