Friday 10 March 2017

A Slow and Sorry Sloth.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm saying sorry for being slow...


...with the help of this adorable little sloth from Lawn Fawn's new Hang In There set.


There are few things in life more embarrassing than missing a loved ones birthday, probably even more so for us card makers, but it certainly helps soften the blow if you make up for it with an uber cute card, and this set steps up to that mark perfectly!  I mean, everybody has a soft spot for the gorgeous sloth, don't they?
I started my card by stamping out my sweet sloth, watercolouring him using ink and fussy cutting.  I then cut a ton of Stitched Leaves from Lawn Fawn and, again, watercoloured with ink.
I cut a circle aperture from a panel of white card and built up my leaves behind, then added my sloth, hanging from his branch, so he was over-hanging the aperture.


I then took a cute little bloom of foliage from Lawn Fawn's Penelope's Blossoms and stamped it along the bottom of my panel, then stamped the sentiment from the Hang In There set, in black ink and clear heat embossed.
At this point I really liked how striking the green looked against the stark white so, after mounting onto a white card blank, decided to leave it there.


I love this new set, and have fell head over heels for this lovable guy!  I certainly hope he helps deliver my 'sorry I'm late' message with a smile!

I hope you like, as always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jill

Hang In ThereStitched Leaves Dies Image 1Penelope's Blossoms Image 1










3 comments:

  1. a very cute Card to say I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the clustered leaves behind the sloth and different shades of greenery stamped at the bottom <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and adorable and love how you've done the cluster of leaves x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team