Friday 7 April 2017

In-Lay Loveliness.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I've got a whole load of in-lay loveliness for you...


...featuring a little of Paper Smooches newest release!


I'm a sucker for anything small and cutesy, so fell for the Leaves Die 2 from Paper Smooches latest release as soon as I set eyes on it.  It can, however, be hard to know how to use smaller items, so I thought I'd make a card attempting to use them as a main feature.
I thought the lovely little leaves would look really sweet across a background so decided to in-lay them over an entire panel to make a real feature of them.
I started with a piece of white card and simply started cutting a load of the leaves from it.  When you first get the dies they are connected together with tiny bits of metal, it was much easier to keep them together to cut the bulk with, then, when space was limited, I snipped them apart and fit the individual leaves to cut from the smaller spaces.  I kept a piece of low tack tape by my side to store all my die-cut pieces on.  I then took a piece of green card and cut the same amount of leaves from it.  Then came the fun part, piecing it all back together!  The shapes are actually incredibly simple so it didn't take long at all, and I taped some sticky tape behind my panel to keep all my in-laid pieces in place.


I loved how my panel looked and wanted to keep with the same vibe for the rest of my card, so took Paper Smooches Roses Die and repeated the exact process, this time using red card for my rose.


My sentiment is Lawn Fawn's Scripty Thanks which I cut from black card and covered in a few layers of clear embossing powder to give it a nice rounded 3D effect.
I anchored my rose and sentiment with a tie of twine around my card and added a sweet little bow to finish off my design.


I really hope you like it and it helps you out with ideas on how to use our lovely little dies :)

As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Leaves 2 DieRoses Dies


Scripty Thanks Image 1





3 comments:

  1. Wow, loving the intricacy of this with the inlaid background and those gorgeous leaves! Such an elegant card and great use of die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this inlaid background, so effective x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team