Thursday 27 April 2017

Three Small Steps, One Cosmic Card

Hello, I'm back for an extra day this week with a space themed birthday card.

My nephew turns 3 next month and has recently become fascinated with the planets of the solar system. A perfect opportunity for me to make him a space themed card!


Step 1 - the background
I began by creating a galaxy background for my card. I used distress inks and lots of white paint. It was a lot of fun to make!

I white heat embossed a greeting on the galaxy panel. The sentiments in the Lawn Fawn Out Of This World stamp set are brilliant!


Step 2 - the images
I stamped and coloured all the images from the Lawn Fawn Out Of This World stamp set. I fussy cut them out and added Wink of Stella clear glitter to all the planets, and glossy accents to the astronauts helmet and space rocket window.

I used some foam squares behind the rocket but everything else on the card is attached with liquid adhesive.


Step 3 - the slider
I used a die from the Lawn Fawn Slide On Over dies to create a slider element in my card. The die cut piece can be added to the card base to hide the slider better.

I added three layers of foam tape behind the panel, leaving space for a penny to move in the slider. I added two MFT slide discs to the penny for the slider mechanism. To keep things moving smoothly, I covered the edges of the foam with powder to stop the penny sticking, before adding the panel to a card base.

Before adding the astronaut to the slider, I attached some twine behind him, with the other end of the twine attached to the space rocket. 


Three small steps, one cosmic card!


Thanks for joining me. Have a lovely day,
Gemma

Lawn Fawn Out of This World 
Lawn Fawn Slide on Over
MFT Spin and Slide Discs

4 comments:

  1. This is SO fab Gemma! The background is gorgeous, so eye catching. Cute characters and planets too <3 Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally brilliant Gemma! Ooopsie, I just ordered the stamps and dies. I know a few little chaps who would love a card like this.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy the stamps and dies 😄

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team