Tuesday 18 April 2017

Tiny Dancers

Hello, hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend.

It's been a while since I've had a go at paper piecing, so I thought I'd try it with the fun Stamping Bella Tiny Dancers stamp set.


I started by stamping the image on white card, and colouring the skin and hair with alcohol markers.

Using the colours in the example image of the stamp for inspiration, I chose some patterned papers, and stamped the image on each. I fussy cut the images out, choosing different colours for the outfits, then added the patterned paper to the stamped image using a glue pen.


I really enjoyed seeing the image coming to life with all the beautiful colours and patterns.

To make this into a card, I used an oval die to trim it down. Before attaching with foam tape, I added some stitched line details to the card base.


Thanks for joining me today.
Gemma


MFT Basic Stitch Lines
Stamping Bella Tiny Dancers

MFT Inside Out Stitched Ovals


MFT Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots
MFT Smitten Papers

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Paper piecing works so well with this - what a fab card and such gorgeous bright colours. Loooove! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team