Thursday 20 April 2017

Watercolour birthday card with Altenew Beautiful Day


Hi everyone, it's Esther and I'm back for an extra day this week. Today I've got a watercolour birthday card to show you using Altenew Beautiful Day. This is such a gorgeous set, I just can't stop reaching for it! Last week I went vintage with it, and today I've gone for pretty lilac, blue and yellow-green.


I stamped and masked the outline peony repeatedly round the edge of a panel of watercolour card stock, adding two outline leaf sprays. Then I reached for my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens and scribbled them on an acrylic block to pick up with a water brush for the wet-on-wet technique. I used 045 Pale Green and 053 Yellow Green for outside the flowers. The lilac peonies use 036 Pale Blue, 080 Violet and 081 Light Violet. The blue peonies use 031 Cobalt Blue, 036 Pale Blue and 081 Light Violet. After the panel was dry, I used a fan brush to splatter 031 Cobalt Blue, 080 Violet and 010 Black over the flowers.


Next, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from the same set in white on black card, and die cut it with a sentiment strip from Avery Elle Pierced Banner Layer Elements. As this is currently out of stock, you could use My Favorite Things Stitched Sentiment Strips Dienamics instead.

Finally I layered up the watercolour panel on a wider panel of black card stock, added the sentiment and popped the whole lot on a card base.

That's it from me for this week - see you next Wednesday and thanks for stopping by!


  

28 comments:

  1. What an incredibly beautiful card - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunningly beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this wonderful colours! I love all your Cards, dear Esther! Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! What goreous stamping and such lovely colours too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous..love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful and amazing colouring. Very brave to splatter the whole card after you had finished it but it does finish it off beautifully and I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take a deep breath and wonder how I'd cope if it ruined it lol! Glad you like it :) x

      Delete
  7. Oh that's so beautiful Esther, love those colours and the way the lilac and blue's are combined into both flower colourways but produce such different flowers overall. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, just wow! So stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got this set last week and have been having a lot of fun with it myself. I've been scouring the internet for ideas and it seems like each one is better. But, THIS is it! Oh my goodness!!!! This is so pretty! Thank you for sharing all of the colors. The Zigs are on my wish list. :) Would you mind sharing which black ink you used? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, thank you for the lovely comment! I used Ranger Archival Ink :)

      Delete
    2. Perfect! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  10. I can't stop looking at this. It is lovely. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is a fabulous card! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card. May I ask what size your card is?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely breathtaking! Thank you for including the specific Zig Markers you used. I just can’t stop looking at this amazing card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team