Monday 26 June 2017

Air Dancing for You!!

Hi there, Jenny here..... hope you all had a good weekend :)

I'm back to congrats cards again, it's always good to have some on hand especially this time of year with exam results coming up but this card could be for any celebration really...



Okay!... please tell me they made you smile too? Those air dancers have great expressions and I love how they look all bunched together and overlapping. This is a fun Congrats card and I wanted the dancers to stand out so instead of making them pop up on the inside of the card I made a very simple easel design so they stood out on the front.


I used the large words in the set to decorate the front of a card base in Moonlight ink and then scored about 7½cm from the bottom of the front to make a mountain fold.
When it came to the dancers, I stamped and coloured them on separate card before cutting around them with scissors. The arms for these guys come paired but I find it much better to trim them apart so you can mix and match and change the position of them on the bodies.


I arranged them on the card front to see what would work best and then used a strip of low tack tape to pick them all up together and apply glue and foam pads to the back.... remembering to keep to the lower portion of each image!

After adhering the dancers, I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto a strip of black card and backed it with a piece of foam to make it stand proud of the card... this acts as your stop for the easel design. What a great sentiment to go with these images!


These guys just crack me up.... especially the three with hair, hope they made you smile too :)

                                                          

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a good day :)
Jenny x

4 comments:

  1. Soooooo fun! They definitely made me smile :D Loving this distinctive design and the bright pops of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you made me buy this stamp set! Every time I read this post it makes me snigger. My niece just finish a Masters in Law. This is perfect. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project. I'd never even seen that stamp set before!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team