Monday 14 August 2017

A Garden Quartet

Hi there, I'm still on the garden theme from last week, although this time it 
doesn't involve vegetables! It's another 'almost' one layer card that involves some basic watercolouring...


I used the Beautiful You stamp set from Altenew to make a long, narrow notepad cover in a similar style back in the spring, so I wanted to turn it into a card design and a square card seemed the best option. I marked out the centre point lightly with pencil and then stamped the four images in black ink... it has to be waterproof so you can watercolour the images afterwards.

After stamping the images, I watercolour them with Distress Inks in a loose style. Next is the hardest part for me.... leaving it to dry!!! Once it had dried, I painted a rough square shape around each image... trying not touch the dry ink and reactivate it!!


The sentiment is a small greeting from the new Winnie & Walter set called Sentimental Birthday which I trimmed into a slim tag shape before adding a piece of floss... I thought it went well with the gardening theme :)

                                   

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team