Thursday 14 September 2017

Dude You Rock! Drummer Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

I love making masculine cards, especially when they use fun and different designs! The Avery Elle Stoked stamp set is perfect for kids and adults alike, and has some really fun images and sentiments!

I wanted to ink up the drummer dude and have a bit more going on in the card than having a completely CAS design:


Fun, right?!


I stamped my drummer dude onto my card panel first, then created an outline mask by stamping him onto a PostIt note. I used one of the small sentiment stamps to create a background by repeatedly stamping it to fill the entire card front - I love that one little stamp could be so mighty!


I chose pencils as my colouring medium - that meant I didn't need to worry about stamping my drummer onto white cardstock! The pale grey cardstock took the pencil colour really well and let me add flesh colours and such without polluting the colour. I added highlights with a white pen - the first time I've ever done this, and I quite like the extra touch it brings!


The sentiments and stars were stamped with black ink - a nice way to help them stand out from that busy background and colourful image. I think this guy is ready for his stage appearance, don't you?!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. great card! nice to see a card for a man that is still funny and quirky :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team