Tuesday 3 October 2017

Carousel of Colour

At the beginning of September, we have the local fair in my town. It visits each year and I always love walking through the fair during my lunch break, taking photos, sampling food, and watching all the fun. 

It inspired my card today. I wanted to show the fun and excitement of the fair by adding an explosion of colour from the carousel. Watercolour is a great way to do this, and you don't need many supplies to achieve a great effect.


On a piece of watercolour paper, I heat embossed the carousel image. I stamped it in black ink and embossed with some sparkle embossing powder.

Next, I chose a rainbow of zig pens, scribbling the colour in the centre of the carousel, extending it out a little way.


The next step is my favourite! It's a bit messy but lots of fun. Spritzing the colour with a water sprayer creates the explosive effect radiating out from the carousel. I dried it with my heat tool, then repeated the steps until I was happy with the look. 

To make this into a card, I added a strip of patterned paper then adhered to a card base. 


I hope you like this riot of colour and feel inspired to get out those zig pens and have fun.

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team