Friday 6 October 2017

Cascading Mermaid's Tail.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I've got a cascading mermaid's tail for you...


...using My Favourite Thing's brilliant Cascading Scallops Stencil.


If any of you are like me and into your beauty goodies, (which I find a lot of crafters are, it's like crafting on your face really which is why I like it :) ), you might recognise the inspiration behind my card as there's a certain beauty box i took the idea from after seeing their cover design for the month of September.
Mermaids and all things related are everywhere at the minute, and when I first saw the pattern on this particular beauty box, the beautiful Cascading Scallops stencil from My Favourite Things jumped to the front of my thoughts and I thought 'ooooh I'm giving that a blast!'.


So I started by covering my stencil in Versmark Ink and running it through my Big Shot so that the stencil acts as an embossing folder, transferring the ink onto the card at the same time and to which I then heat embossed using a gold powder.  I then coloured my scallops/mermaid tail scales using a variety of Distress Inks as watercolour.
My sentiment is made up from Mama Elephant's Birthday Script Creative Cut which I cut from card and covered in several layers of the same gold embossing powder, and my 'Happy' is from Neat & Tangled's Everyday Labels set, and again is stamped out out and heat embossed in gold.


I anchored my sentiment to my card with one of Lawn Fawn's Puffy stars cut from vellum which gives extra texture and creates more of a focal point.
I loved how my background turned out and really wanted the card to be all about that so left it there.


I really hope you like.  It blows my mind how a humble stencil can be used in so many ways, a stencil, a stamp, and an embossing folder!  Amazing little tools they are and so affordable!

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to have a peek.

See you next week.

Jillx

Cascading Scallop Stencil Birthday Script Creative Cut Image 1
Everyday Labels Image 1 Puffy Star Stackables Dies Image 1

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team