Monday 13 November 2017

Cheers Dad!!

Hello hello :) 
It's been a busy birthday week with cards I needed to make and send, one of which was this one for my lovely Dad who celebrated a BIG birthday this week :)

I was so infatuated with the wonderfully coloured wine bottle and glass on this card by the very talented Francine so I had to have a go at shading one in the same style...


Whilst working out the sentiment, I started to play around with the layout and decided to try a block of typography around the images. I used a scrap of paper and drew around the bottle and glass die cut so I could then try out different fonts and words to see which would fit best. The Cheers is from an Avery Elle set of the same name and the numbers are Avery Elle dies, which have been shaded with alcohol markers to match the wine. It was just a case of going through alphabets stamps and dies to find a good mix of shapes and sizes...


The bottle, numbers and word 'Years' are popped up on foam tape to add a bit of dimension but the word 'TO' gave me the most trouble of all!! It looked lost in the space until I had a lightbulb moment...... I know, I'll accent it with a circle die from this Waffleflower die set... and that's just what it needed :)
 My craft desk looked an absolute mess with alphabets strewn everywhere but I was very happy with the result...... I hope you give it a try too with whatever alphas you have in your stash!!

I've linked to the products I've used below, unfortunately the Waffleflower set is currently out of stock but the die set of the same name are in stock here.

  

  

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team