Saturday 10 February 2018

Cupcake for Birthday

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Sometimes my cards start with me feeling like to do some kind of technique. For this card I wanted to try the technique of No Line Colouring again. I love this technique but still have a lot of learning to do. I find it especially important to use the right image for this technique.


I went through my stash and found this delicious cupcake in a set by Winnie&Walter called Wish Big - perfect for No Line Colouring.
I stamped the cupcake in a light ink and coloured it with alcohol markers. In my opinion coloured pencils are the perfect medium for No Line Colouring but this time I wanted to try out alcohol marker and it worked out I think.

After I finished the colouring I fussy cut the cupcake. To let the image shine I decided to go with a simple background,. I chose Lil'Inker Designs' Cover Up Die: Dotted Scallops and die cut it from white cardstock. The same cardstock I used for the cardbase to achieve a subtle effect.

To give the cupcake something to stand on I die cut an oval from My Favorite Things' Oval Shadows.


For the sentiment I die cut the word Birthday from Avery Elle's A Tag For All from cardstock matching the colour of the strawberries. I also cut it a few times from white cardstock, stacked it up and glued the pinkish one on top.
The tiny Happy I got from Winnie&Walter's Sentimenatl Birthday. I embossed it in white on a stripe of dark brown cardstock.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni




            

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team