Wednesday 18 April 2018

Cake Ninjas!

Hello, Tallie here, and I'm joining Gemma with a little bit of ninja inspiration for you this week!

I have a friend who loves manga and all things ninja, so I knew I had to make her a set of cards featuring these ninjas from the Altenew Ninja Invasion. It's been a while since I made a card without bringing out my alcohol markers, but these cards were surprisingly easy and quick to put together.


I started out by stamping out several of the ninjas from the set using a combination of Versafine Black Onyx ink and some Lawn Fawn mini ink cubes. I then silver heat embossed the swords and shuriken to make them stand out from the black ink. The different stamps in this layering set are really quite easy to match up and Altenew has helpfully printed guidance directly onto the clear acetate the stamps come on. Once dry, I cut them out with my Scan N' Cut, but there are coordinating dies available.

For the backgrounds, I used the MFT Radiating Rays Stencil to blend on some Distress Oxide Inks in Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon and Faded Jeans. keeping the darker ink to the centre. I removed the stencil and blended some more ink on to create a subtler pattern for my ninjas to be bursting out from.


I cut several of the smaller picture frames from the Lawn Fawn Say Cheese, Again set from some smooth white cardstock. For the first card, I used the insides of the picture frames, instead creating a sentiment out of a couple of flagged banners, one in white and one in black. The two sentiments come from the Altenew Ninja Invasion and the Lawn Fawn Beam Me Up sets, because which ninja wouldn't demand cake if they had the power? I used some liquid adhesive and foam tape to arrange the ninjas so it looks like they are bursting out from the centre of the card.

The other two cards were completed in a similar way, using Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink for the yellow background. I stamped the 'DEADLY NINJA' sentiment on the bottom of the frames and arranged the ninjas one each to a frame.


A fun set of cards that could be masculine or feminine, as long as the recipient loves ninjas!

    





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team