Saturday 7 April 2018

Party Animals

Hey stampers, Anni here!

The cards I bring you today feature one of my favourite stamp set ever - Mama Elephants' Party Animals. This set is just so cute and I never made a card with this set I didn't like and that says something as we are often the most critical about our crafting, aren't we.
So whenever I seem to lacking with ideas and mojo I turn to this stamp set and it never failed me.


I started by stamping the sweet images - all of them in fact but I used just a few. For the colouring I chose alcohol marker as this is for me the fastest way to colour. Before I started colouring I decided which images I wanted to use together. That way I could go with matching colours.
Then I fussy cut out the images (there are coordinating dies available, too).


For the background I die cut a sky full of clouds using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Clouds Backdrop: both the Landscape and the Portrait one. These dies are so awesome, subtil but still eyecatching, so I had to buy both. I cut the rectangles a little bit smaller to fit my card.


I added just a little bit of ink blending to emphasize the cute critters. For the ground I die cut a hill for both cards using Mama Elephants' Landscape Trio. Keeping it simple I chose white card stock and added no colour at all.


Finally I heat embossed my sentiments in white on a stripe of black card stock. The sentiments are from Mama Elephants' Monster Jam.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team